Strength and experience since 1979
|We focus on Customer Service 1-888-800-9988 from US or Canada
|Auto, Motorcycle, RV, Boat, Trailer Insurance
Strength And Experience Since 1979
Best Mexican Insurance Coverage And Rates!
Toll Free 1-888-800-9988 from the US or Canada
Mexican Insurance - Frequently Asked Questions and Answers; Your Source For Current Industry News and Information from Mexico
- Why should I buy Mexican insurance coverage from Mexican Insurance Store?
- Is there any advantage to internet policies versus paper policies?
- How secure is my purchase and privacy?
- How can I get my insurance policy?
- What will I receive when I buy my policy?
- What do I do if I get into an accident?
- Why do I need liability coverage when driving in Mexico?
- What is covered in a Mexico insurance policy?
- What is "Liability Only" coverage?
- What is "Full" coverage?
- What is Legal Aid & Bond Coverage?
- Mexico Driver's License Policies?
- Why are the insurance laws different in Mexico?
- What happens if I have an accident?
- Is my coverage good anywhere in Mexico?
- How much does daily, weekly, monthly or annual coverage cost?
- Can I buy Mexican Insurance coverage in Mexico?
- What if we have two drivers or registered owners?
- How much liability coverage should I buy?
- Can I insure limos or other vehicles for hire?
- What other important things should I know about Insurance for Mexico?
- What if I am going to be towing a vehicle, trailer or boat?
- What about questions regarding cars, trucks, trailers, motorhomes, RV's, motorcycles or ATV's?
- How do I get Mexican insurance on my rental car?
- What if I am involved in an accident while under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
- What if my automobile is stolen ?
- What if my automobile is impounded?
- What if I have an insurance claim?
14. Why are the Mexico insurance laws different South of the Border?
In general, the law in Mexico is based on Napoleonic Code where guilt is assumed over innocence. The law in the U.S. is based on English
Common Law where innocence prevails over the assumption of guilt. Therefore, if you are involved in an accident in Mexico, you must have cash or an auto policy to respond to the damages or injuries that authorities deem were caused by you. If you don't have either, your vehicle could be permanently confiscated or you may spend many hours or days in jail until your financial obligations are met.
15. What happens if I have an accident?
All claims must be reported in Mexico to yout insurer's adjustor/claims service center BEFORE you leave the country.
Failing to do so subjects the claim to denial by the insurer.
16. Is my coverage good anywhere in Mexico?
Yes, our policies provide insurance coverage within all of Mexico, unless otherwise stated.
17. How much will daily, weekly, monthly, 6 month or annual coverage cost?
Policies are available from 1 day to 365 days a year. The cost of a policy depends on how long you want to insure your vehicle. Most policies
are calculated based on a daily rate. After 20-25 days it is usually less expensive to purchase a 6 month or annual plan.
18. Can't I just buy Mexican Car Insurance at the Border?
A lot of people plan their vacation, then forget all about auto insurance until they cross the border... then they proceed to buy coverage
at the nearest booth. This is the equivalent of buying your groceries at 7-11: no matter how well you shop, you're going to pay too much,
and your options will be limited, too. You don't even have the option of researching those insurers that vend at the border. Is it unrated
bar bones coverage? It's smarter to buy it online before you leave.
19. What if we have two drivers or registered owners?
The registered owner must be listed. Any driver with a valid driver's license, and the owner's permission to drive is covered. Having said
this, we included enough space within the named insured field to accommodate the addition of two drivers in order to make it easy for the
authorities to verify coverage should there be an accident. There is NO extra cost.
20. How much liability coverage should I buy?
Each person's financial situation and appetite for risk is different. We are able to provide liability coverage from $50,000 up to $500,000.
Check your domestic policy limits and use them as a rough guide. Check the ARTICLES section. We have written about this subject.
21. Can I insure limos or other vehicles for hire?
No. Limos or other vehicles for hire whether for public transportation of passengers or cargo are prohibited from all programs. (Rental Cars
with U.S. plates driving into Mexico are OK.)
22. What other important things should I know about Insurance for Mexico?
Coverage applies only within the territory of Mexico and must be adjudicated in Mexico. Policies do not respond if for example, two California
drivers are involved in an accident and bring suit against each other in the United States.
23. What if I am going to be towing a vehicle, trailer or boat?
The towed vehicle, trailer or boat must be listed on the policy with the towing vehicle. Otherwise, the towing vehicle's
policy coverage is voided in the event of an accident or loss. Contact 1-888-800-9988.
24. What about questions regarding the towing of cars, trucks, trailers, motorhomes, RV's, motorcycles or ATV's?
Call us (888) 800-9988
25. How do I get Mexico car ins on my rental car?
Once your US rental reservation is made & you know the make & model of the car you are renting:
- Call 1-888-800-9988 and order your policy by telephone and we'll be happy to fax or email a policy to you. When renting from the US, you must
have permission from the Car Rental Company to enter Mexico.
- All rental vehicles must be US plated or they are prohibited.
26. What if I am involved in an accident while under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
ALL insurance policies sold in the marketplace are null and void if the driver responsible for an accident is under the
influence of drugs or alcohol.
27. What if my vehicle is stolen in Mexico?
In case of total theft of the vehicle, the owner of the vehicle or the person who had possession of the vehicle must file a Theft report in
person with the proper law enforsement authorities.
28. What if my vehicle is impounded?
In case of an impounded vehicle, the registered owner of the vehicle is the only one authorized to sign for its release and it must be done
29. What if I have an insurance claim?
You must report any claim while in Mexico before you cross back over into the USA or you risk having your claim denied. We work very hard to
help facilitate the claims process with our insured's.
ACE Seguros Claims - ING Seguros Claims - Canada
||National Producer License # 2663714, California License # OC24601
3819 Saint Austell Way, Perris, CA 92571
Contact: 888-800-9988 | 951-657-4220
|Copyright 2000 - 2017 Mex Ins Store. All rights reserved.