If you’re thinking about bringing the whole family to Mexico, it’s smart to start making plans as early as possible. One thing that needs to be sorted out ahead of time is the travel document situation. You certainly don’t want to drive all the way to the border and discover that you’re missing an important piece of documentation. Before we delve into the types of documents that your kids need, it should be noted that you definitely need Mexico car insurance from Mexican Insurance Store.com. High-quality car insurance for Mexico is available online, so you don’t have to do any running around to get Mexico car insurance. One Mexican insurance policy (see Mexican Insurance Store.com policies) will cover all eligible drivers in one vehicle too, which definitely helps from a cost perspective as uusually one Mexico car insurance policy will suffice. Learn more about what your kids will need to get into Mexico below.
Passport Changes and Mexican Insurance
Not that long ago, U.S. and Canadian citizens didn’t need passports to get into Mexico. That’s all changed now. Those changes occurred due to the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative or WHTI, which was implemented in 2004. The initiative was designed to strengthen border crossings. As a part of the initiative, strict new rules were put into place concerning things like passports. As of June 2009, all U.S. and Canadian citizens must show a passport, passport card or other eligible piece of documentation in order to cross the border. In addition, Mexico requires all motorists to take “finincial responsibility” for their actions while driving by buying car insurance for Mexico. A quality Mexico car insurance policy with adequate coverage meets your financial responsibility requirements. Of course you could pay by cash or check, but a good quality Mexico car insurance policy is simpler and much less expensive.
Exceptions for Children
There’s a great deal of confusion out there about whether or not kids need passports to get into Mexico. It’s easy to see why that confusion exists. Kids who are under the age of 16 do not need actual passports to get into Mexico or back into the States. They need to show proof of citizenship, and a regular birth certificate generally suffices. Kids who are aged 16 and older, on the other hand, have to produce valid passports or passport cards. Many parents simply get passports for the whole family to avoid any confusion. Valid car insurance for Mexico documents must be shown to authorities immediately after any accident to avoid detention.
If there’s one situation in which no wiggle room exists, it’s the U.S.-Mexico border. You can’t talk your way out of the requirement for proper documentation. Make sure that every member of the family has what he or she needs to get across the border without incident. Purchase Mexican insurance before you even get in the car to avoid any serious trouble later. You can’t go back and buy Mexican insurance in the wake of an accident, and the possibility of going to jail is all too real. Documents Kids Need to Get into Mexico including Mexico car Insurance?
Subscribe by Email
- Top 10 Cities in Mexico for Road Trippers: Navigating with Mexico Car Insurance
- 2024 Mexico Road Trip Planner: Essential Travel Tips and Vehicle Insurance in Mexico Insights
- Discover Guanajuato: A Gem in Mexico’s Crown, Safely with Mexico Driving Insurance
- Unraveling the Mystery: The Cost of Top-Tier Mexican Insurance at the Border
- Navigating Vehicle Insurance for Mexico – A Comprehensive Guide
- Introduction to Mexican Car Insurance Services
- Introduction to Mexican Auto Insurance in San Diego
- Understanding Car Insurance in Mexico: Coverage, Costs, and Considerations
- Mexican Insurance for Brownsville, Texas Travelers
- Essential Guide to Mexican Insurance for San Ysidro Residents
- Seamless and Direct: The Store’s Mexican Insurance Experience – Combining Speedy Service with Personalized, Middleman-Free Support
- Understanding US and Canadian Car Insurance Inside Mexico: Key Tips for Travelers
- Comprehensive Review of Mexican Auto Insurance for Rocky Point: Focusing on the Mexican Insurance Store
- Navigating Mexican Car Insurance Policies: A Thorough Guide for Travelers
- Mastering Mexican Car Liability Insurance: Key Insights for a Seamless Journey
- In-Depth Guide to Selecting Mexico Auto Insurance Online for Your Trip
- Navigating the Ins and Outs of Mexican Insurance in San Ysidro and San Diego: A Comprehensive Guide
- Navigating Mexico Insurance Services: Understanding Mexico Auto Insurance Costs and Coverage
- Comprehensive Guide to Car Insurance for Your Mexico Trip – A Must-Have for Tourists
- The Significance of Buying Quality Mexican Auto Insurance
- Purchasing Mexican Car Insurance Online