Top Mexico Auto Insurance Blunders and Information for Avoiding Them
If you like to travel, Mexico is an easy spot to provide an exotic getaway. You can delve into the tourist attractions of border towns, or you can travel inland to explore more casual culture. As you travel, it is required that you carry Mexico auto insurance. The biggest travel blunder you can make would be to avoid obtaining a Mexican auto insurance policy. Following are some of the biggest blunders you can make even if you remember to obtain coverage.
- Unreliable providers – it is helpful to review financial ratings for your Mexico auto insurance policy. Poor ratings or a lack of rating information should be a concern. If you end up in an accident and your claim is not handled, you will be the one responsible for any damages deemed to be your fault.
- Inadequate liability coverage – your Mexico auto insurance can range from $50,000 to $500,000 in liability coverage. However, coverage needs can vary according to the state in which a potential accident would occur. A low-limit state might not present a problem, but inadequate coverage in a high-limit state could leave you holding the bill for the difference.
- Liability-only coverage – if replacing your vehicle after a serious accident would be a hardship, a comprehensive policy is advisable. You might worry about higher pricing, but the differences are typically not very dramatic. However, the difference between having a total loss covered or not covered could be huge, especially if your vehicle is still being paid off.
- Staying longer without updating your Mexico auto insurance – it’s not uncommon to find that you love the country so much that you want to stay on an extra day or two. If you make such a decision, be sure to update your Mexican auto insurance policy so that your coverage won’t lapse. Its always best planning to go long because the STORE will give your premium back for days you don’t use as long as you contact them before the unneeded days become effective.
- Not knowing your benefits – you could experience road-related emergencies that don’t involve accidents. Be familiar with benefits such as roadside assistance that are included with your Mexican auto insurance policy.