Virtually anywhere you go in the world, its easy to track down cheap, generic souvenirs. Shot glasses, t shirts, refrigerator magnets and other items are ubiquitous in the world of travel souvenirs. While collecting those items is fun, it definitely pays to invest in some locally made treasures, too.
Getting Ready for Souvenir Collecting
To get your souvenirs back home safely, and to drive around Mexico legally, youre going to need Mexican Insurance Store Mexican insurance. Your Mexican auto insurance online wont cut too far into your souvenir budget, though, Mexico car insurance is remarkably affordable. Go online to buy Mexican insurance coverage by the day, week, month or year. If you want to collect as many souvenirs as possible in Mexico, you absolutely need Mexican auto insurance. Without that coverage, your whole trip could be derailed. Make buying Mexican car insurance a top priority.
Six Great Mexico Souvenirs
So, what are the top souvenirs to buy in Mexico? Check out the following list!
1. Glass – If glassware is your thing, head over to Guadalajara. The nearby city of Tonala is the blown glass mecca of Mexico. Glassware is available throughout the country, but it’s most abundant in this charming Mexican town. Visit during market days to have an even wider selection.
2. Pottery – Most people associate topnotch pottery with Mexico. While you can find it in many parts of Mexico, Uriarte is definitely ground zero for pottery. There, you’ll enjoy a wide assortment of thinly enameled, blue-and-white Talavera tiles and ceramics.
3. Rugs – Beautiful, woven wool rugs are abundant across the country of Mexico. Some of the most gorgeous pieces, though, can be found in the tiny village of Teotitlan del Valle. Go there for some true treasures.
4. Silver – Topnotch Mexican silver can be found in Taxco. Look for the telltale 0.925 stamp to ensure that what youre buying is sterling.
5. Wood Carvings – Wood carvings of all shapes, sizes and configurations are available in Mexico. Oaxaca is the place to be if youre in the market for unusual, exquisite wood carvings.
6. Textiles – Mexican textiles are highly regarded around the world. Pick up some unique local garments to remind yourself of your vacation in Mexico. Scoop up a handmade shawl, or rebozo. Other popular Yucatecan clothing items include mens guayaberas and women’s huipiles.
The six best souvenirs to buy in Mexico!