Whether you are traveling on a budget or just want to experience the full breadth of Mexican cuisine, the corn tortilla is an essential part of your culinary journey. Many of the most popular dishes involve the recycling of stale tortillas, but fresh tortillas are wonderful as well. A fresh Mexico insurance policy is important if you have never traveled to Mexico by car before. If you have existing Mexico insurance coverage, you will want to be sure that your coverage is still valid and that it addresses your travel plans in terms of destination, timing, and vehicle.
Dress Up the Humble Corn Tortilla
Condiments go a long way to make tortillas taste great. However, a fresh corn tortilla that is piping hot of the comal needs little more than a sprinkling of salt. Beyond this, the following are great ways to add to the experience of eating corn tortillas:
- Salsa – salsas can vary greatly in substance and preparation, but a corn tortilla is perfect for sopping it up from a plate as you eat a meal at a restaurant.
- Butter – microwave your day-old tortillas for 30 seconds, and slather liberally with mantequilla.
- Mayo – many Mexicans enjoy a simple snack of tortillas with mayo, but some will use ketchup.
- Queso – while many think of quesadillas as requiring flour tortillas, you can also do this with corn tortillas.
- Fried – enjoy fried tortilla chips or fried whole tortillas for tostadas.
Dress Up Your Mexico Insurance Policy
A bare-bones Mexico insurance policy might satisfy the legal requirement for a motorist to have coverage, but you could still experience problems if you don’t invest in the right Mexico insurance coverage. For example, a lack of comprehensive coverage means that you could be left without a way to replace a totaled vehicle. Even with comprehensive coverage, you could deal with a shortfall in case of a partial theft or vandalism. If you will be in an area in which this type of activity is more common, it is important to expand your Mexico insurance policy for these types of situations.